Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Uuuuh....still way off...

Yeah....I finished 2 of the skirts on the list though! And just happened to make another maxi dress, this time lightweight black poly knit. And I broke my rule...Twice actually...I bought a bit of knit that I had been longing after because it's so deliciously soft. BUT I got it for a STEAL, like seriously. I got almost a yard and a half for $1.50. And the other breaking of the rule was last night when I worked. All the value fabrics and mark down fabrics were 60% off, plus 25% off that. So I got 3 different colored laces to make tops out of for $3.70. So really, not bad going down only $5. Right? Right?

Well, anyways. I got the 2 floral skirts done. Just simple elastic waist skirts. They were both the same print but in such different colors that they don't look the same unless you stare at them for a while. One was a bit longer than the other, so I made a really wide hem on it that I may have to take up a bit more...The blue one looks goo knee-length, but the coral and cream on I prefer shorter. But I'll leave it for now.

The maxi was a really simple tank style, may end up having to put elastic in the waist, may not. It's really really long, but I like having the option to make it extra blouse-y.

As for the lace, I cut the pieces all up last night and got the side seams sewn. I hemmed the sleeves this morning and just have the neck bindings left. I cut the necklines all different. The navy is a V-neck, the aqua (really bright 80's aqua) is a rounded neck (which might get cut a bit deeper), and the copper is a wide boat neck. I'm using the scraps I cut out of the sides as the neck binding. They should get done Thursday if not tonight after I get off work.

I've just been sewing up a bleeding storm and it has been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment