Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The fabric started to look and smell like gingerbread...

What? Two posts in one day? Really? Actually, it would have been one post, but I figured for archival purposes, separate posts was best.

This a Simplicity. Cynthia Rowley 2406. I love this. It's not as loose in the stomach as I would like, but the keyhole back is wonderful. The sleeves came out great, but oh god...they were a bitch and a half to sew. Not that they were hard, just very very tedious. Lots of little bits a sewing, little bits of turning, lots of ironing, rinse and repeat. They took 2 hours on their own. The dress itself, the belt (which is top stitched down the entire length and across the width), and all the finishing took 3 hours TOGETHER. If that gives you any idea how long the sleeves took.

It came out quite short, but would be just fine with some leggings for this coming Christmas since I will be in Georgia. According to my beau, a winter in Georgia will be something like Summer in the Northwest...So a lot of the stuff I sewed this Summer will still be wearable. Probably not to his mother...hence the leggings.

I want to make another one, but I'm just not sure out of what or when. I really do have a ton of the light blue twill and quite a bit of the dark blue...Maybe some colorblocking...I'm really trying to use what I have and not buy more fabric...which I've been pretty good at...sort of...I bought more last night, but 53% off!! I got black lace and a nice red-ish purple lining for under it. It was a color I just had to get while it was here. It's one of the new fall colors for our company specific special occasion collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment